"The more that you read, the more you will know. The more that you learn,the more places you'll go." Dr Seuss
Read, Write, Inc
Since 2015 we have used Read Write Inc, a phonics and reading programme, in Early Years, KS1 and KS2.
Read Write Inc., developed by Ruth Miskin, is a whole-school literacy programme for 4-11-year-olds designed to create fluent readers, confident speakers and willing writers.
The five key principles that underpin all the teaching in all Read Write Inc. Programmes are:
- Participation – our teaching strategies ensure that all children participate fully in the whole lesson – there is no chance for children to lose concentration and miss key elements of the teaching
- Praise – children work together, as partners, taking turns to teach and praise one another and they are motivated by the focused praise they receive from teachers and teaching assistants
- Pace – a lively pace keeps all the children fully engaged
- Purpose – teachers know the purpose of every activity and how it leads into the next
- Passion – it is easy for teachers to be passionate about their teaching because they see their children make such rapid progress.
All the teachers and support staff at ASPS are trained in Read Write Inc so we can deliver this excellent programme across the school.
There is a parent page on the Read, Write, Inc website full of useful resources and information that will help you to offer the best support to your child at home.
What are pure sounds? Click here to hear them and support your child.